Your Guide to Loveland’s 45+ Free Outdoor Summer Concerts and Movies
Colorado summers are best spent outdoors. As warm summer days fade to cool summer nights, take advantage of live entertainment and experience the sounds and scenes of summer. In Loveland, Colorado, just 45 minutes north of Denver and at the foothills of the Rockies just east of Rocky Mountain National Park, grab your blankets and lawn chairs for our summer-long celebration with more than 45 live music and movie events – FREE.
NEW in 2019: One Sweet Summer Series in Downtown Loveland
The One Sweet Summer Event Series at the Foundry Plaza in downtown Loveland is new in 2019. The events are held at the Foundry, an epicenter of entertainment that pays homage to Loveland’s thriving arts scene. One Sweet Summer will encompass a wide variety of events from concert series to kids events and outdoor movies – all free.
The fun begins 6:30 p.m., Friday, May 31 with the first Friday night blues concert featuring the Blues Dogs Band, a 10-piece act that entertains with a style rooted in blues and influences of rock, funk, and R&B. ThreeShots hits the stage June 28 and Johnny & The Mongrels closes out the Blues nights on July 26.
Head to the Downtown Loveland webpage to see performers and vendors for the following free summer events and be sure to visit our local downtown businesses when you come.
- Summer Concert Series Every Wednesday from July 10 – Aug. 28
- Movie Nights every Wednesday in June
- June 5 – Footloose
- June 12 – Dirty Dancing
- June 19 – Grease
- June 26 – Mamma Mia
- Kids on the Plaza movie club and activities: Tuesdays, June 11 – 18 and July 9 – 30
Downtown parking is free – street parking or the parking garage adjacent to the plaza are available and accessible from Lincoln Ave. and 3rd Street.
Summer Concert Series at the Foote Lagoon
With its beautiful venue and killer talent line-up, the Summer Concert Series at Foote Lagoon has become one of Loveland’s most popular summer event series. The concerts will be held Thursday evenings, June 27 – August 8, at 7 p.m. at the Foote Lagoon Amphitheater, 500 E. 3rd Street. Concerts are free to the public. Food trucks and family-friendly activities are available throughout the evening.
The line-up for the 2019 Foote Lagoon concert series includes:
- June 27 – Chris Daniels and the Kings (Blues)
- July 11 – Sam Payne (Folk/Jazz)
- July 18 – Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles (Vintage Swing)
- July 25 – Bettman and Halpin (Folk/Americana)
- Aug. 1 – Wood Belly (Bluegrass)
- Aug. 8 – Face Vocal Band (A capella)
Sounds of Centerra Outdoor Concert Series
Held in Chapungu Sculpture Park, one of the most beautiful and unique concert venues in northern Colorado, the Sounds of Centerra summer concert series provides fun, free Friday night live music 7-9 p.m. July 12 – Aug. 2. Find a comfortable spot on the Great Lawn to enjoy performances varying from traditional melodies to classic rock to contemporary bands. Complimentary popcorn and water provided while supplies last.
Here is the lineup:
- July 12: Zimbira – Afro fusion, Afro pop
- July 19: Soul School – Funk, R&B, Soul
- July 26: The Six Million Dollar Band (Presented by UCHealth) – 80s covers
- Aug. 2: Wes Urbaniak & The Mountain Folk – Mountain Country, Americana
Movies on Main
Pack a dinner picnic and head for the Promenade Shops at Centerra for free, family-friendly movies select nights throughout the summer. Preshow fun with vendors and guests begins at 7 p.m. Movies begin at Sunset (around 8:50 p.m.)
- June 28: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
- July 5: Mary Poppins Returns
- July 12: Incredibles 2
- July 19: Ralph Breaks The Internet
- July 26: The Greatest Showman
Food Truck Rally and Live Music
Join fellow library lovers for food trucks from 6-8 p.m. at Civic Center Park and free live music at 7 p.m at Foote Lagoon the first Fridays of the month June through August.
- June 7: Paizley Park (Prince Cover Band)
- July 5: FY5 Band
- Aug. 2: DJ Brandon Harrington at Civic Center Park, kids face painting, and free shaved ice (while supplies last)
Movies in the Park
Have free fun with your family and friends as you enjoy outdoor movies in Loveland parks throughout the summer. Bring blankets, chairs and a picnic dinner if you’d like (please, no alcohol or glass). Weather permitting. Call 970.962.2446 for more information. Time: dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- June 7 – Ralph Breaks the Internet at Cattail Creek Golf Course (2116 W. 29th St.)
- June 14 – The Sandlot at Barnes Complex (405 W. Cleveland Ave.)
- June 21 – Jurassic World at North Lake Park (2750 N. Taft Ave.)
- July 12 – Incredibles 2 at North Lake Park
- July 19 – Apollo 11 at North Lake Park
- July 26 – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse at North Lake Park
- July 27 – Jaws – dive-in movie at Winona Pool (1615 Fourth St. SE) *pool entry fee required
So many events, so little time. Experience a summer you love in Loveland and find additional events, experiences and more information on these events at VisitLovelandCO.com.