Visit Loveland Kicks Off the 2017 Summer Season with New Events, Tours & Attractions
Bike & Brews tour, Rocky Mountain discovery, public art mobile application and more new for visitors
Loveland, Colo., just 45 minutes north of Denver, offers travel experiences for everyone. From cycling tours and winery tastings to a new way to get to Rocky Mountain National Park and art exploration, the 2017 summer season brings new ways to experience Everything You Love.
Tours & Experiences
- Celebrate Beer, Art and Cycling with New Guided Tours – Tap into Loveland’s epic cycling scene and get a flavor of local craft brews and spirits on the new Bike, Brews & Spirits Guided Day Tour. Or, if art is more your scene, explore the expansive public art collection of one of the top small art communities in the nation through the Art by Bike Guided Tour.
- Swipe Right to Embrace Loveland’s Thriving Art Scene – Experience Colorado’s art capital with a self-guided walking tour thanks to the new mobile art app. Swipe freely as you explore classic highlights, and discover fresh perspectives on the largest permanent collection of bronze sculptures. The Visit Loveland Art App is designed to be simple, delightful, and easy to use over and over. The app will expand to include public art throughout the city.
- Learn About the City riding in style – Experience the wonders of Loveland on a personalized Mercedes Benz Sprinter Tour – a comfortable and reliable tour planning service for groups interested in exploring the local area’s offerings; such as: Rocky Mountain National Park, city tours (history, culture, etc.), craft breweries and distilleries, and more. Ride in style with 13 premium “captain’s chairs”, a SMART television, premium sound, and “mood” lighting on your customized tour based on your group’s interests and needs.
- Take the hassle out of discovering Rocky Mountain National Park wilderness – As the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the drive from Loveland to the park through Big Thompson Canyon is serene and awe-inspiring. Colorado Wilderness Transportation Services has launched year-round sightseeing tours from Loveland to Estes Park. This is a perfect way to experience this diverse landscape, wildlife, and mountains, taking in breathtaking views from comfortable vans and knowledgeable guides.
- Downtown District LIVE event series – Head to downtown Loveland for a block party like no other with the newly launched Downtown District LIVE series produced by the Loveland Downtown Development Authority and Blazen Illuminations. Join us June 24, July 29 and Sept. 23 from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. for art, music and the best of Loveland’s downtown vibe. LovelandPartnership.org
Food & Drink
- Get a taste of Loveland with Sweetheart City Wines – In wine there is love and in Loveland there is a new winery bringing you wines created with a romantic and artistic flare. Sweetheart City Wines will allow you to spend time with family and friends while indulging in a delightful combination of blended and wines made right here in the Sweetheart City. Raise a glass and join our toast, “Nel vino c’è amore!”
- Experience quality craft beers at the Loveland Taphouse – Featuring over 32 beers on tap and a limited food menu, the Loveland Taphouse is sure to open in Downtown Loveland with open arms and full pints. Chef Clay Caldwell, the owner of the popular Mo’Betta Gumbo, is introducing a new way for Loveland brewers to aggregate in town and bring everyone together for quality beers and good times.
- Award-winning Blues and Memphis-style BBQ comes to Downtown Loveland – Miss Daisy’s BBQ & Blues will open late summer with Memphis-style BBQ, live blues, dueling pianos and local musicians.
Hotels & Accommodations
- Dude Ranch season at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch: What better way to channel our inner cowboy than an authentic dude ranch experience at Colorado’s lowest-elevation dude ranch, Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch? Pick a week, June 11-16 or June 18-23, and enjoy 5-nights of lodging, fourteen natural and hearty ranch-style meals and a variety of activities including riding adventures, team sorting, overnight pack trips, trap shooting, white water rafting at nearby Poudre Canyon, fishing, gymkhana, and access to golf, shopping, hiking and more. Packages are $1595 per person. Don’t miss these other fun adventures:
- Cattle Drive weeks, July 2-8 & July 9-15, $2295 per person for a 6-night stay where you can spend part of your time driving our all natural beef herd to the high country.
- Native American Living History Week, July 16-22, $2,475 per person to enjoy Sylvan Dale’s regular dude ranch program with the added fun of Tipi Camp and Gray Wolf. After you’ve had your fill of horseback riding, trap shooting, white water rafting, hiking, and various other activities, you can head over to Cottonwood Gulch to spend time at Tipi Camp. You can learn about tomahawk & knife throwing, arrow making, fire making, Native American sign language, wild edibles, and of course the Great Plains culture.
- The Great Grownup Getaway (ages 21+), August 13-19, $2,295 per person or the Fall Great Grownup Getaway, Sept. 17-22, $1,595 per person Sylvan Dale’s western lifestyle has a way of slowing you down and gearing you up for a relaxing and fun-filled getaway during this kid-free week. Customized to especially meet the interests of adults, Sylvan Dale offers adult-oriented activities like wine and cheese tastings, country dance instruction, guided nature hikes, and trap shooting.
- Fairfield Inn Loveland will complete a full property renovation to include a fresh, expanded lobby, hot and healthy breakfast options in the updated breakfast area, updated guest rooms with modern touches and space to get comfortable, flexible gathering featuring multimedia functions, state of the art fitness equipment in a larger, more flexible fitness space.
Stay tuned to our website and social media channels for more summer fun in Loveland.