Pro Tips: Top 5 Add-On Experiences to Your Loveland Fire & Ice Festival Trip
The Loveland Fire & Ice Festival is two full days and three nights of fire, ice, entertainment and fun in downtown Loveland. With its unique blend of art including ice sculpting and fire sculptures as well as an array of stage and street performers, the Brewing & Distilling Arts area, vendors, Family Fair and more, there is something to do for everyone. With one glimpse of the schedule on the website or through the LOVEFIRE and ICE mobile app, you can easily plan a full experience for the entire family.
The Loveland Fire & Ice Festival brought you here; why not check out some other great Loveland experiences while you are in town? If you have a few hours to spare, we recommend adding these five options to your festival trip.
- Add Bronze and Stone Sculpture to the Mix: There are plenty of fire and ice sculptures at the festival, but did you know that Loveland’s thriving art scene includes the 166-piece Benson Sculpture Garden with a vast collection of bronze sculpture and Chapungu Sculpture Park, the only permanent Zimbabwe stone sculpture exhibit of its kind in the U.S.? Both sculpture areas are free and open the public and perfect for families or romantics. Total time: 1 hour for Benson and 1.5 hours for Chapungu.
- Move the Family Fun Indoors: Take a break from the winter weather by heading into the Loveland Museum Gallery downtown to check out the current art exhibit ($5), or the free history exhibits. Give the kiddos a chance to practice stamping valentines, just like Loveland’s famous valentine stampers. Check out downtown Loveland’s new barcade, The Flipside with creative cocktails (including their Fire & Ice cocktail combo), pinball games, skeeball and more. Get your game on at Loveland Laser Tag (just a short drive on 1st Street). An arcade, bumper cars, a climbing wall, roper course, laser maze and a three-story laser tag arena – what more do you need for some extra family fun?
- De-stress at Spa Botanica: What is better after a fun festival than decompressing with a massage and spa treatments? Spa Botanica at the Embassy Suites Loveland – one of the top Embassy Suites in the world – has several spa special to love this month, including its “Romancing the Stones” massage deals, “Wine and Chocolate Me Time” transformation facial and “Cupid’s Cupcake” mani/pedis.
- Shop, Skate and Enter to Win: Bring the family to the ice rink at the Promenade Shops at Centerra and while you are there, find some local gifts for your sweetheart and enter to win the Lucky In Love Valentine Sweepstakes, with more than $1,800 worth of prizes. The contest is open now through Feb. 11 with winners named Feb. 12.
- Openings – Artworks Loveland and Loveland Taphouse: Artworks Loveland, a nonprofit contemporary art center is hosting the Exhibition Opening for The Love Letters, Friday, Feb. 9 from 6-9 p.m. The Love Letters is a solo exhibition of paintings by Bonnie Lebesch and is free and open to the public. The Loveland Taphouse featuring Colorado brews, wines and spirits in a comfortable lounge setting, hosts its opening weekend.
There is so much to love in Loveland – during Valentine season and beyond. Add us to your 2018 vacation list and explore everything you love. Visit our Valentine page for details on exploring this weekend.