Lifesize Gingerbread House – and the Grinch – Take Over the Embassy Suites Loveland
Six weeks. Seven team members. One mission: create this year’s Embassy Suites Loveland gingerbread house to delight guests and visitors through the holiday season.
Every November, the smells and sights of gingerbread fill the kitchen and lobby of the hotel as the culinary team bakes the 7-foot-wide, 10.5-foot-tall and 12-foot-long gingerbread house from scratch. Led by Pastry Chef Jackie, the team comes up with the concept, bakes and constructs a new gingerbread house each year.
For 2019, it looks like the Grinch stole the hotel lobby and set up shop in the gingerbread house along with his pup pal Max. You can stop by to see it anytime during hotel hours. Or, head to the gingerbread house from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Dec. 6, 7, 13, 20 and 21 to meet Santa Claus.
What does it take to create the Grinch Gingerbread House?
To bake the gingerbread:
- 120 lbs of flour
- 23 lbs of brown sugar
- 8 gallons of whole eggs
- 4 gallons of molasses
For the icing:
- 430 lbs of powdered sugar
- 9 gallons of egg whites
- 100 lbs of kosher salt for roof
- 15 lbs of coconut for the Grinch’s face
- Countless candies!
How to see it
- Head to the Embassy Suites Loveland and walk into the front lobby. The Grinch gingerbread house is in the front lobby.
- Be sure to bring the family for photos! Share them with us using #visitloveland
- Interested in staying at the Embassy Suites for the holidays? Find rates and book today.