Five Reasons to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Loveland – the Nation’s Sweetheart City
With a name like Loveland, anytime is a sweet time to visit but winter fun amplifies in February for Valentine’s Day in the nation’s Sweetheart City. Loveland earned the Sweetheart City designation because of its international recognition for the 72-year-old Valentine Re-Mailing Program that sends love across the world. The city has grown to be a hot spot for Valentine’s Day activities in the last five years. Just 45 minutes north of Denver, here are the top five reasons to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Loveland.
- Say “I Do” in the land of love: In its second year, Loveland’s 2nd Annual Valentine’s Day Group Wedding returns, bringing a romantic, candlelit ceremony to the iconic Foote Lagoon. In addition to getting the special ‘Sweetheart City’ designation on the marriage license, participating couples will be able to vote on the music for the customized ceremony, and will get keepsake photos, gift bags, signature wedding cupcakes, and a chance to win a gift basket. Registration is now open. Special hotel packages are available. Information is included with other hotel packages below.
- Fire Up Your Love: From Feb. 9 – 11, attendees can celebrate the passion of the season at the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival, where fire, ice, entertainment and fun collide. This free family-friendly event transforms downtown Loveland with lights, stunning ice and fire sculptures, live entertainment, spectacular firework shows all three nights, the Brewing and Distilling Arts are, a Family Fair, artisan market horse-drawn carriage rides and more. New in 2018, the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival has launched a fire sculpture competition with a People’s Choice competition. Download the Loveland Fire and Ice mobile app on the app store through iTunes and Samsung for real-time details and planning tips. Special hotel packages are available. Information is included with other hotel packages below.
- Savor Liquid Love: From craft beer to coffee, brews you love are in Loveland for Valentine’s Day. Exclusively available in Loveland, the Bleeding Heart, a delicious Cherry Chocolate Brown Lager from Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, is a one-of-a-kind love potion. Each year Grimm Brothers brews and taps a new Valentine’s Day beer the first day of February, making Loveland a great Valentine’s Day excursion for any beer lover. Get it while it lasts on tap in participating Loveland restaurants and bars, and in cans at participating Loveland liquor stores. The 2018 official Loveland Valentine Coffee, a creme de menthe, is also sold exclusively in Loveland. Brewsworthy Coffee, a local Loveland coffee company, produces this unique roast sold at the Loveland Visitors Center and at select retailers around the city.
- Profess Your Love: “Dale and Pam = Love,” “ Gma loves Aiden and Olivia,” “Beka, will you Marry Me?” Shout your love from street lights with a custom heart message. Over 360 hearts with special love notes are found throughout Loveland. Surprise your valentine with a special message, or get into the sentimental spirit as you admire the love expressed from others. Or, purchase and send a valentine card with love from the Sweetheart City. Another way to process your love is by sending a valentine. The official Loveland Valentine is available for purchase online and can be customized and sent directly through the 72nd Valentine Re-Mailing Program, the largest of its kind.
- Run – for your love: Lovebirds, fitness lovers and more can celebrate the season with the Sweetheart Classic 4 Mile Run/Walk, Sat. Feb. 10. The race draws in more than 400 participants and event more spectators. Starting and ending at the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival in front of the Elks Lodge on 4th Street, racers will head up and around the River’s Edge Area and back downtown to celebrate PR’s at the festival. A free children’s run starts at 8:30 a.m. Proceeds provide support for the Thompson Valley schools‘ cross country/track teams in the Loveland area.
No matter how you celebrate the season, take advantage of seasonal packages.
- Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch is offering a two-night Sweetheart Get Away package for $261 per couple including lodging, a plated dinner, a bottle of wine, dessert and then breakfast the following morning.
- Valentine’s Day Group Wedding Hotel Packages:
- A Sweetheart Deal of $99/night at Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites and $129/night at Residence Inn is available from Stonebridge Properties. The Valentine Group Wedding package includes a bottle of wine from Sweetheart Winery and two glasses.
- The Embassy Suites Loveland is offering discounted room rates of $109 for the Valentine’s Day Group Wedding. To make a reservation, please reference Valentine’s Day In Loveland Wedding Room Block and book before Feb. 11, 2018.
- Loveland Fire & Ice Festival Special Rates:
- A Sweetheart Deal of $99/night at Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn & Suites and $129/night at Residence Inn runs Feb. 9-10.
- The Embassy Suites Loveland is offering discounted room rates of $119.00 for the Fire and Ice Festival. To make a reservation, please reference Fire and Ice Festival – Loveland and book before Feb. 1, 2018.
Plan your Valentine’s Day in Loveland and access hotel packages at visitlovelandco.com/ValentinesDayinLoveland.