Fill Your Summer with Top Events in Loveland, Colorado
Colorado’s foothills come alive during the summer months and in Loveland, Colo., just 45 minutes north of Denver, can’t-miss events offer many reasons to get out and explore. From music festivals, rodeo and the largest outdoor juried sculpture show in the nation, the 2017 summer season is a great time to visit Loveland. Here are our top picks, kicking off this week through August.
- June 22 and 29, July 6,13, 20, 27: Foote Lagoon Concert Series – Summer nights have never sounded so sweet. Don’t miss the free Thursday night concert series at Foote Lagoon Amphitheater. Grab a seat in the amphitheater or along the banks of the lagoon and island stage to enjoy performances by regional and nationally-touring artists.
- June 24, July 29, Sept. 3: Loveland Downtown District LIVE event series – Head to downtown Loveland for a block party like no other with the newly launched Loveland Downtown District LIVE series produced by the Loveland Downtown Partnership and Blazen Illuminations. Join us June 24, July 29 and Sept. 23 from 3 – 9 p.m. for music, art, entertainment and the best of Loveland’s downtown vibe.
- July 4th Celebration and Fireworks at Lake Loveland – Recognized by USA Today and CBS Travel Correspondent Peter Greenberg, Loveland’s July 4th Celebration is a festive gathering for all. Festivities include the flag raising ceremony, car show, food and game booths, entertainment and of course, a 30-minute fireworks show over Lake Loveland with a finale of close to 500 shots. This annual celebration attracts steady crowds during the day culminating with well over 20,000 people in the North Lake Park area when the fireworks demonstration begins.
- July 8, Cherry Pie Celebration – As a sweet summer tradition in downtown Loveland, the annual Cherry Pie Festival is full of sweet cherry pie, tasty ice cream, live music, children’s activities, a cherry pie contest, historical displays and more. Celebrate the history of the cherry as it relates to Loveland – from orchards to canning to the annual Cherry Pie celebration.
- July 14 – July 16, The Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom Tour – As the ONLY Freedom Tour event in Colorado, head to the Northern Colorado Regional Airport for walk through tours or to schedule a flight training in available aircrafts including P-51D Mustang, B-17, B-24, B-25, and P-51.
- Aug. 4-6: ARISE Festival – ARISE is an independent, family-run music, yoga, activism and co-creative camping festival at Sunrise Ranch. ARISE offers a range of activities such as workshops, enriching yoga classes, provocative documentary films and panel discussions, art installations, live painters and art gallery, performance artists and theme camps. ARISE also offers “interactive villages” including a Children’s Village, Food Truck Village, Vending Village, Healers Village, Hemp Village, Wisdom Village and a Solution’s Village, showcasing ecological and social justice solutions with practical on-site demonstrations designed to make our world a better place. Widely regarded as “Colorado’s Best Festival,” ARISE has received accolades from national media outlets such as Rolling Stone Magazine.
- Aug. 4-8: Larimer County Fair and PRCA Rodeo – Don’t miss northern Colorado’s largest county fair and rodeo with fun for the entire family. Join more than 100,000 attendees at the Ranch for the annual Larimer County Fair and PRCA Rodeo, parade, dog & pony show, the huge Carnival Americana, Still Circus, pancake breakfast, draft horse show, fireworks each night at 9:30 p.m., tons of entertainment and so much more.
- Aug. 5 – Gnarly Barley Brew Festival – Come out to the Ranch for great brews, food and music during the Larimer County Fair and Rodeo. This is an outdoor event held at The Ranch home to the longstanding Larimer County Fair. So not only enjoy the Brew Festival…come early and stay late…carnival, exhibits, Splash Dogs, fireworks, vendors of all types and much more!
- Aug. 11, 12, 13: Sculpture Show Weekend Featuring Three Art and Sculpture Events
- Aug. 12 – 13: Sculpture in the Park: The 34th annual Sculpture in the Park show and sale will feature approximately 160 artists. Included in the show is a “Take Home a Piece of the Park” tent which features maquette-sized editions of some of the sculpture pieces that are on permanent display in Benson Sculpture Garden. Sculpture in the Park is the largest outdoor juried sculpture show and sale in the US.
- Aug. 12-13: Art in the Park: Art in the Park has emerged as an artisan event that draws people from all over the country. Art in the Park takes place the same weekend as the internationally renowned Sculpture in the Park. These events, combined, draw over 30,000 people to Loveland. This is the longest running art festival in Colorado (51st year) that has grown into a two-day event featuring over 200 artisans.
- Aug. 11 – 13: Loveland Fine Art & Wine Festival: The Fine Art and Wine Festival offers a stunning outdoor gallery showcasing renowned artists from around the country displaying thousands of original works in a wide variety of mediums and subject matter; Including life-size, monumental, medium and small sculpture in bronze, stone, metal, wood, glass and mixed media; spectacular paintings in acrylic, oil and water colors, mixed media on canvas; batiks, etchings, custom furnishings and home décor. For those that enjoy the finer things in life, the Loveland Fine Art and Wine Festival offers a great opportunity to indulge yourself in incredible art, continuous live musical performances, wine tasting, and the best barbecue in the country.
- Aug. 24 – 25: Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival: The 2017 Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival will include the parade, corn shucking competition, corn eating contest, the second annual Cornhole Tournament and all the roasted and boiled non-GMO corn anyone could eat! Also, people of all ages can enjoy a variety of entertainment, great vendors and more. General attendance and all concerts are always free and open to the public.