The nation’s Sweetheart City, Loveland, Colorado just got sweeter for Valentine’s Day with the launch of the inaugural Loveland Sweetheart Festival – Love, Locks and Lights. For more than 70 years, Loveland has embraced sweethearts near and far and invites families and lovers across the world to gather in downtown Loveland to celebrate valentine season with love, lights and one of the largest Love Lock sculptures in the U.S. Join us Feb. 8-9, 2019 for free fun for the entire family.
This year’s event features:
- Lock your LOVE with the largest love lock sculpture in the U.S., sitting at over 30 feet. Attendees can purchase and lock their own Sweetheart Festival lock, expressing their love in the Sweetheart City.
- Sweetheart LOVE Art Gallery on 4th Street
- For the Love of Chocolate and Beer tastings including local valentine beer Bleeding Heart
- Sweetheart City Race 5k ending at the festival
- Mapping projection laser shows each night
- Lost Love balloon release with environmentally-friendly balloons
- Art installations/interactive art displays
- Bands & other musical performances
- Snowzilla Jr., the only one of it’s kind in the U.S. and Canada. This inflatable toboggan slide is made for adults and children.
- Contests where children up to age four can participate in the Little Miss Valentine and Little Mr. Cupid contest.
Check out the webpage for updated details and event information.