USA Today featured Loveland in its article Idyllic America: Picturesque Towns in Each State. But anyone who has ever visited Loveland already knows what a gem it truly is. Named one of the top destinations in the U.S. for public art, Loveland is home to the largest juried outdoor sculpture show in the U.S, the annual Art in the Park show, over 400 public works of art throughout the city and and home to the award winning Benson Sculpture Gardens and Chapungu Sculpture Park.
Loveland is also a haven for recreation, boating at Boyd Lake State Park, fishing in the Big Thompson, golf at three amazing courses or finding your inner cowboy at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch – Loveland has it all! Nestled in the foothills of Colorado’s dynamic Rocky Mountains, Loveland is ideally located just 45 minutes north of Denver and hailed as the Gateway to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Whether you are looking for an authentic arts community, brewery and distillery tours, unique shopping districts or world-class recreation, Loveland has everything you love. Below are our top 10 things to do.
- Shop Til You Drop: Home to more than 150 of your favorite name brand stores and outlets, Loveland is home to Macy’s, Coach, Banana Republic, Under Armour, Nike, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, unique boutiques and much more.
- Immerse Yourself in Art: Over 380 public works of art are designed for interactivity in Loveland. Bring the kids to play ‘ring around the rosy’ at Benson Sculpture Garden, explore Zimbabwe at Chapungu Sculpture Park, or head to the Loveland Museum for art exhibits.
- Feel the Love: From our own custom love potion brew, Valentine’s getaway packages, to heart-shaped love notes hanging from every lamppost and valentine stamping, Valentine’s Day is the perfect season to escape to the Sweetheart City.
- Eventful Experiences: Get inspired during our internationally-acclaimed art and sculpture weekend in August or, live it up with entertainment and sports such as ‘Chuck a puck’ at a lively Colorado Eagles Hockey game.
- Cowboy Up: Backed by a picturesque view of the Rocky Mountains, explore the hills on horseback, cast a line in the Big Thompson River, or discover the Colorado beauty on a variety of hiking trails at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch.
- Find the Keyhole: The Devil’s Backbone is a must-see when traveling to Loveland. Red-tailed hawks soaring above, grasslands carpeted with wildflowers, and towering rock formations are just some of the natural features you will find.
- Food For All Tastes: With over 150 restaurants throughout the city, Loveland is home to unique nationally acclaimed restaurants, chains, coffee houses and more.
- Cheers in Loveland: Love, beer and culture combine for an artful craft beer experience in Loveland. Loveland is home to eight breweries, each with its own unique flavor.
- Catch a Wave: Cool off and play in any of Loveland’s expansive lakes. Get a workout with stand up paddleboarding or water skiing. Rent a jet ski or bring your boat and feel the breeze through your hair. Camp out with your RV. Summertime fun awaits you at Boyd Lake, Carter Lake, Lake Loveland Swim Beach and more.
- Feel the Beat: Mix culture and nature with summertime fun swaying to the music in the summer sun or under the stars at any of our outdoor concert venues. Grab your picnic blankets and folding chairs and head to Foote Lagoon, the Sounds of Centerra or Thunder Mountain Amphitheatre.