LOVELAND FIRE AND ICE FESTIVAL 2016
The Loveland Fire and Ice Festival will take place Valentine’s weekend in downtown Loveland. The largest Valentine’s Day celebration in the US brought over 24,000 spectators in 2015. Information will be updated as it becomes available so be sure to check back often.
For the full schedule of events including times and location, please visit the Loveland Fire and Ice Festival website.
Friday February 12th – 5pm to 10pm
Saturday February 13th – 10am to 10pm
Sunday February 14th – 10am to 10pm
The full schedule of events is posted on the Loveland Fire and Ice Festival website.
In addition to pre-made sculptures, 5 teams will compete in an ice sculpting competition. Each team will have 20 blocks of ice to create a sculpture with the theme “The Yin and Yang of Light and Dark”. Additional competitions of smaller sculptures will take place throughout the event. The competing teams are as follows:
Team #1 – Jade Windell with Josh Weiner and Lou DeAngellis
Team #2 – Jess Parrish with assistant
Team #3 – Eric with assistant
Team #4 – Ian with assistant
Team #5 – Keith Martin with assistant
Musical performances include: Steve Manshell Band, The Jurassicasters featuring Dave Beegle, Taylor Scott and Nic Clark, The Joe O’Brien Band, Mary Sue Thompson, RB Cole, David Beegle, Musketeer Gripweed Band, Liz Barnez Trio, Jeremy Landis Band, Rebeka McWhorter, Ryan Millard, Grace Kuch, Marty Nightengale, Paradox, DJ DC, Mountain City, Emma Marie, and Jason Downing Duo. Be on the lookout for flash mobs throughout the event.
Fire and light artists/performances will include the following:
Angela Sheehan (flow artist)
Karine Watson (fire hula hoop dancer)
Corinne Watson (fire performer)
Alexandra Nikolova (fire dance artist)
Caitlin Morris (fire dance troupe)
ArtSpace Light Parade
A special Harry Potter element will add excitement to the event this year. Tickets are on sale now for “Tea Time with Devon Murray and Paula DuPre’ Pesmen.” Devon, who played Seamus Finnigan in the Harry Potter films, and Paula DuPre’ Pesmen, Associate Producer from the first three Harry Potter films, will be in attendance. They will tell unique tales of their experiences working in the world of Harry Potter. Guests will be immersed in a more intimate setting while enjoying a catered English-Style Tea with Paula and Devon. Each ticketed guest will receive a special gift and an autographed photo of Devon Murray.
During “A Magical Moment with Devon Murray and Paula DuPre’ Pesmen,” Devon Murray and Paula DuPre’ Pesmen will be sharing their stories and answering fan questions. Each ticketed guest will be entered to win an Alivan’s Scarlet Falcon broom signed by Paula and Devon.
The Fire and Ice Motor Vehicle Showcase will feature unique vehicles including 4-wheelers, snow cats, cycles, fire trucks, and more. The most unique of these just might be the one and only Weasley family car from the first Harry Potter film, available at the event for photo opportunities for a small donation to the non-profit There With Care.
Fine art and fire will combine at this event. Watch amazing local artists create unique pieces of art by combining fire and metal.
Be sure to get your ticket to the carousel at the family fun zone. This lit-up carousel will be on 4th Street between Lincoln and Jefferson.
After walking around the festival, give your feet a rest and enjoy a free carriage ride.
The wristband program will be available once again this year to provide discounts from local restaurants and retailers. Participating businesses currently include Cactus Grill, Shawn’s Photo Services, Downtown Sound, Cloz To Home, Dickens Alley, Splurge, Carl’s Canteen, Rabbask Designs and Cosmic Dog.
For those looking to grab a quick bite on the go, a food truck court will be available this year. Vendors will include Cub’s Q Barbeque, Seasonal Soups, Salads & More, The Waffle Lab, The Road Grill, Pizza Casbah & Kostas Gyros, as well as Kettle Korner and Heaven’s Popcorn.
Also new this year is the Marketplace with Allnu2u Light Up Toys, scarves from Made with Love by Nancy and gourmet knives from Cutco Cutlery.
The Visit Loveland booth will be handing out general information on Loveland, as well as free goodies while supplies last.
A festival map is available on the Fire and Ice Festival website.
DEALS AND PACKAGES
HeidiTown, My Big Day Events and NoCo Short Bus Tours are offering 3 package options for Valentine’s Day in Loveland. In its 3rd year, My Big Date includes three packages that celebrate some of the best this town has to offer, including a brunch and brew tour, a spirits tour and, new this year, a VIP brunch and brew tour. For package details and to book yours today, visit the My Big Day Events website.
- My Big Date provides the transportation, food and drinks so that guests can just sit back and enjoy the experience and enjoy each other. In 2015, the packages sold out last year and received stellar reviews.
- The Brunch & Brew package on February 13 includes a coffee tasting at Loco Artisan Coffeehouse, a beer and brunch pairing at Grimm Brothers Brewhouse and a beer tasting paired with B. Sweet Cupcakes at Loveland Aleworks.
- Two Spirits Tours are available on February 13 as well. Guests start their tour with cocktails and tapas at Origins Wine Bar in downtown Loveland and then proceed to Climb Hard Cider for a flight of delicious 10 delicious ciders. The last stop is Spring 44 for a spirits tasting and cupcakes from B. Sweet Cupcakes.
- The VIP Brunch & Brew tour will be offered once on Sunday, February 14, 2016 only. This package is similar to the Saturday Brunch & Brew tour, but includes extras such as one six-pack per couple of Grimm’s special Valentine’s Day beer, Bleeding Heart, pint glasses from Loveland Aleworks, a bag of LOCO Artisan Coffee’s special Valentine’s Day blend and an additional stop at the Loveland Museum Gallery to tour the Sweetheart City, USA exhibit.
- For all packages, transportation between venues will be provided by NOCO Short Bus Tours, LLC and time will be allotted for guests to experience the Fire & Ice Festival.
- This year, My Big Date has collaborated with Candlewood Suites Loveland to offer a discounted room rate to the first ten couples who book a package.