Climate Change with Joe Bowden, Retired Military
There are few topics in today’s news more controversial or polarizing than climate change or, its most famous catch phrase, global warming. Many citizens have formed opinions on one side of the political divide or the other. And therein lies the major issue. Neither (most) politicians nor (most) journalists are experts in climate science but they often speak as if they are and each side will vilify anyone who does not agree with their chosen position. The main questions: is the climate changing and is man contributing?
In this short talk, I’ll review:
- Weather vs climate: two different things
- Has Mother Nature changed the climate in the past?
- What does the data say? What’s the main reason?
- Is man contributing to climate change? If so, how fast could it change?
- Could this affect the animal kingdom and human food supply?
- Do all scientists agree?
Bottom line now: I am not a climate scientist but I was a scientist. I can say with confidence that average temperature of the earth is increasing; sea levels are rising; and, the majority of scientists agree with climate change theory. The moral of the story: stick to the science and leave the politics to politicians.
Registration is not required.